Happy New Year everyone! May 2013 bring you all happiness, good health and lots of fun!
I was cleaning up my computer and my emails recently and came across this article my cousin (who works in the business world) had emailed me and enjoyed taking the opportunity to read through it again! It is related to the business world, but shows the teaching implication in any area! (I also think great teachers could be anything they wanted in any occupation).
16 Way to be a Smarter Teacher
If you have the time to read it, I suggest you give yourself some time to read, reflect and make a few notes, otherwise, here is a sneak preview.
1. It’s not about you: it’s about them
2. Study your students
3. Student’s take risks when teachers create safe environments
4. Great teachers exude passion as well as purpose
5. Students learn when teachers show them how much they need to learn
6. Keep it clear, even when you can’t keep it simple
And it continues for another 10 statements……
For some of us, this makes perfect sense; for some of us, starting in teaching, we may not have learnt it yet, and others may just need a reminder….
Happy reading everyone!